In some way or another, all field employees utilize LOTO, energy isolation, cable removal, pressure testing, etc. Whether it’s electrical, trapped pressure or hydrocarbon remnants that are in a pipeline, we can all do a better job at identifying and isolating these hazards across the board. I say this with urgency and hope that each one of you will take a few minutes to review our policies and discuss them with your co-workers.
- What is it that you are working on right now that requires isolation and verification?
- Are you trusting the customer to keep you safe?
- Are you trusting an inspector to keep you safe?
We MUST be involved in these processes and utilize them. Verify…Verify…Verify!
If you need assistance, SPEAK up. Call on your account managers, project managers and safety team. If our policies don’t match with what you are doing…challenge them. Let us help you figure it out.
Here is my challenge…
- Find our policies
- Print them out and discuss them with your crew as the topic of your next safety meeting
- Ask your crew if there are any gaps or need for clarification
- Deliver that feedback to our safety team
How to retrieve our policies, procedures and checklists:
- Log on to the Danos Intranet
- Click on the tab that says “Documents” at the top
- Click on the “Safety” tab on the left
- Click on Danos “Safety Manual”
- The related policies, procedure and checklists are in section 17
*Note: Always use the policies that are on the intranet. What you have on your desktop or on a thumb drive may be outdated.
As always, the entire Danos safety team appreciates what you do.